BBC Radio One Sessions

discussion about Paw

BBC Radio One Sessions

Postby co_fragment » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:53 pm

First up, I just want to say it's great to see all this Paw stuff up on the Web and I've really enjoyed checking out some of the more rare stuff on here.

I saw you stated in the discography that all the Rock Show Session tracks were available as B-sides, while Slowburn and The Bridge are easily obtainable from 'Keep The Last Bullet..' I couldn't find the other 3 anywhere online, or for that matter which singles they were B-sides on. If you could shed some more light or upload them that would be even better! In the mean time, as I taped them myself off the radio I figured it'd be cool to upload them for those that don't have them. What I've got:

Paw - BBC Sessions Tracks

'Rock Show' Sessions:
01 - Pansy
02 - The Bridge
03 - Sleeping bag
04 - Gasoline
05 - Slowburn

'Evening Session' Sessions:
06 - Sunflower

These recordings were taken from BBC Radio One in 1993. I'm pretty sure the 5 'Rock Show' Sessions were recorded one after the other onto my tape over a period of time. Then Sunflower from the 'Evening Session' was taped on after them from another tape and is why the volume and quality are poorer. To me, this transfer of Sunflower sounds slightly better than the one you've currently got linked to on the forum.

I'm an amateur when it comes to audio software and while I think my attempt at noise reduction clears up some of the tape hiss, it does leave the songs sounding a little reverb-y. If someone more adept wants to try cleaning up the master, please be my guest - just post the results! I tried to cut out all the DJ chatter, but in fairness to the DJs involved I should state Claire Sturgess hosted the Rock Show and Steve Lammaque and Joe Whiley presented the Evening Session - without them we wouldn't have these tracks.

Tech stuff for those that care: They were originally taped onto a TDK D90 (Normal Bias, 120us EQ) over 17 years ago. Transferred into FLAC and MP3 format using Audacity 1.3 Beta software in Nov 2010.

I've uploaded two versions of the tracks to megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C2IG60RG - 30MB - just the MP3s, with noise reduction carried out, a nice small file for downloading and throwing on your MP3 player.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CN7PS0NI - 320MB - Master and noise reduced songs in FLAC format - a large file, for those interested in trying their hand at sound editing.
-> I seem to remember megaupload only has a set amount of DLs and duration.

If anyone has any questions, please get in touch.
co_fragment

Re: BBC Radio One Sessions

Postby defgav » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:13 am

thanks a lot. glad you like the site.
co_fragment wrote:I saw you stated in the discography that all the Rock Show Session tracks were available as B-sides, while Slowburn and The Bridge are easily obtainable from 'Keep The Last Bullet..' I couldn't find the other 3 anywhere online, or for that matter which singles they were B-sides on

The other 3 songs are on somewhat rare versions of the Jessie single. "Gasoline" is on a 4 song CD version, while "Pansy" and "Sleeping Bag" are on a UK 12" vinyl.
here they are [flac]..
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q85FZLJN
defgav

Postby bile » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Any chance of getting this reuploaded somewhere now that megaupload is gone?
bile

Postby samarasz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:52 am

Here you go :)

http://ifolder.ru/28446772

If you need any help downloading the file just Pm me and i'll get back at you
samarasz

Postby DampeN » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:10 am

Hello there!
Is there any way you could re-reupload this session? :-)
Cheers!
DampeN

Return to Paw