Paw article in current issue of Spin

discussion about Paw

Paw article in current issue of Spin

Postby john » Mon May 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Hey everyone -- check this out!

There's a short article about Paw in the May issue of Spin. It's the magazine's 25th anniversary issue and it is devoted to "the 100 moments that rocked our world." In other words, it goes through the history of rock since Spin started. The shortie on Paw is called "Paw and the Year Scrunge Broke." It's about all the bands that were signed in the wake of Nirvana's explosion and were expected to be the next Nirvana (era of scrunge). The article lumps Paw in that group, but makes it pretty clear that Paw never sounded like Nirvana. There are a few new quotes from Grant. There's an image of a June 1993 article about Paw that ran in Spin ... wish I could read that, too.

The article says that Dragline sold about 80K copies. I thought it was a little higher than that. The article tells great stories about them getting signed.

It's a short article, but is definitely worth checking out. It can be kinda hard to spot -- head straight to page 78.

It is so clear to me that there's such a fine line between huge and moderate success. Paw was on the cusp of exploding, but it didn't happen. I don't think the guys wanted to be that big, but I do wish we had more music from them. They had a special gift.
john

Re: Paw article in current issue of Spin

Postby defgav » Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 am

sweet. i'd like to check that out. somebody emailed me on my paw site a couple months ago asking about Paw photos for Spin.. I kinda didn't believe them. :lol:
but yeah, nice to see the band get some posthumous respect in a major music magazine.
defgav

Return to Paw