(let's try this again) Welcome to the Paw forum /intro yrsef

discussion about Paw

(let's try this again) Welcome to the Paw forum /intro yrsef

Postby defgav » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:32 pm

R.I.P. the old Paw forum. It was around just over a year. There were some "behind the scenes" technical problems with it. I'm sorry I wasn't able to save it, but this new forum should work out a lot better. Better spam protection, for one. So yeah, sorry for the hassle of having to re-register for this site. But it should be much improved.
I've used Google's cache to copy & paste some of the best posts from the old forum (mp3 uploads, articles and stuff). So hopefully we didn't lose much stuff in the big picture.

Oh, and you can use this topic to introduce yourself to the rest of the forum.. like, maybe share some basic info about yourself. My name's Gavin.. I'm from San Diego originally but living in Portland, OR now. Got into Paw by hearing "Jessie" on the radio back in '93 then buying Dragline and loving it. Never seen them live, unfortunately. A few years back I made a fansite for the band.. and later added this message board you're at now. Anyways, thanks for stopping by.
defgav

Re: (let's try this again) Welcome to the Paw forum /intro yrsef

Postby Jimmy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:03 am

howdy everyone, been looking at this site from time to time to see what's going on with one of my favorite bands of all time and just decided to regester today for the hell of it.... i believe the first time i heard paw was around 97' there was a few songs on the roadrash playstation game and i was hooked!!! pansy, the bridge, and another i think were on it and i would litterally sit around and listen to the songs over and over on my friends playstation till i finnaly obtained a copy of dragline a little later on... ever since then i've been on a quest to find anything i haven't heard by them... i have several 45's including the first two nasty pope releases, full LP's of death to traitors and dragline, and a pile of cd singles as well..... i really want a copy of save the last bullet if anyone out there is willing to sell one of them or hook me up with a copy, i tried to download the discography but it didin't work, i'm not too computer smart > (... oh yeah, and my top 3 favorite songs would be 1. home is a strange place, 2. suicide shift, 3. veronica.... that is hard to narrow down but yeah those 3 would be the ones i listen to most often when i need a paw fix!!!!
Jimmy

Postby whewell1 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:12 am

just found this site and i'm so stoked. my name is brian and i've been listening to paw since the mid 90's and i was fortunate to see them live once. it was at a little club in cleveland, oh and they just blew the place away, i think my ears are still ringing... i also remember them coming back with some other cat on lead and it wasn't the same (guess that's when mark and grant were not seeing eye to eye). just glad to know there are other out there who enjoy this great band from lawrence, ks. i'm looking forward to reading and posting here.
whewell1

Postby NickTheLick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Hallo! Ich bin Nick und ich liebe Paw!
Nice to see a forum for Paw, I hope it's gonna get a bit more active considering the last post was in June (I think)...
When are these guys gonna tour Europe again *sigh* probably never :cry:
I never got to see them when they played the UK, which was ohhhh, about 16 or 17 years ago now, christ, that's a long time. Guess I better get a ticket to the US. Sod it. I'll go on a tour of places just to see bands that don't make it to the UK anymore! Now I just need some cash....
Anyway, greetings to YOU! Fellow enlightened Paw fans. You're beautiful people, you really are...
Adios amigas y amigos!
Nick
NickTheLick

Postby NickTheLick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Also!
I have virtually all the Paw material. Drop me a line if you want to download anything...

Dragline
Death To Traitors
Keep The Last Bullet For Yourself
Home Is A Strange Place
" " " " - Demo
" " " " - Pre-release Alternative mix
Sleeping Bag
Couldn't Know
Jessie cd 1
Jessie cd 2
Seasoned Glove - Promo Tour cd
Traitors & Covers - Promo cd
Hope I Die Tonight
Surrender - SFW Promo cd
Live @ The Bottleneck 22nd Sept.2000 - 2cd Bootleg
Live @ The Bottleneck 24th July 2000 - 2cd Bootleg
Live @ CBGBs, NY 1999 - Bootleg
Live @ Soundways 21st April 1994 & Emos 10th May 1995, Austin, Texas - Bootleg

And... Palomar - World Without Horses
NickTheLick

Postby kernow75 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:28 am

Great to find a Paw forum! I remember hearing Couldn't Know and Jessie on various rock radio shows here in the UK in 1993/94 and buying Dragline on cassette as soon as I could track it down. Back then it was easy to lump them into the 'grunge scene', but repeated listens soon made me realise Paw had plenty more to offer. Death To Traitors passed me by, probably due to the A&M issues and a lack of promotion, but also because I'd immersed myself in university party life and wasn't paying such close attention to guitar bands. About three years I bought a second-hand car that was equipped with only a tape deck, no CD player, and so dug out a load of old cassettes - Dragline among them. It made me wonder what had happened to Paw. Hence a frantic period of rediscovery! It's great to know there are a few kindred spirits out there...I really wish I'd caught one of their UK shows back in the early 1990s.
kernow75

God, I Have Always Loved This Band!!!

Postby T-Bonious Funk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 pm

I've been a fan since the moment I heard "Jessie." I'm 39 years old; I live in Dayton, Ohio; and I am listening to the 2000 Bottleneck show as I write this! Thanks to our moderator for providing all of the great content, but we need to do more! I want the latest Bottleneck show for my mp3 player! Talk to me, fans!!! <tbone0621@yahoo.com>
T-Bonious Funk

Postby christo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:32 pm

hey everyone , names chris im from brisbane australia, first heard paw on the tb2 snowboard video and promptly picked up dragline, and grabbed death to traitors as soon as it was released. after a few years of the play loop for me [they got well and truly thrashed] it is a given when any road trip happens that they are a major part of the rotation. as i had heard that the band broke up after death to traitors i have never bothered lookin aroud much on the net but i recently lost my copy of dragline. so i am in the midst of reordering the whole catalogue if i can, are the other albums rare or hard to get hold of? i am happy to downlaod them but would prefer to buy them so i have an origional cover ect. Paw was a staple part of my surfing diet to amp me up for waves and to crank while sitting on a two hundred foot cliff watching great waves in the desert, with beers in hand, it always felt like they had made their music for this purpose. one of the only bands i listen too and it still feels like the first time i heard it.
christo

Postby msteelebrown » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Best band of all time. Saw them many times. Enfuego in the heartland.
msteelebrown

Postby Robi01 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:12 am

Always loved this band.
Discovered this sound in a videogame, mid-90's (Road Rash on 3D0)

Robi01

Next

Return to Paw